Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

4/01/2009

spring break

This last week we were able to take a road trip to Iowa to see some of my family. my sister and her family live there so our family and my parents made the drive so we could all get together. it was so nice to have family around. i can't even describe how good that feels. going months without that kind of friendship and love around really makes you appreciate even a few short days.
we didn't do anything major just relaxed.. had actual adult conversations.. that didn't somehow lead back to school:) and let the boys play to they hearts content. i love watching Brig with his cousin Flynn, he loves that little boy so much you would think they were brothers. the picture below (please ignore the finger up his nose!) show's just what i mean, We took the boys to the mall and let them ride the carousel a few times. this just happens to be little flynn's favorite thing in just about the whole wide world, so when it came time to leave he completely broke down. bless his heart he was totally devastated to leave those little horses. so once we got them into the truck and got on the road flynn quieted down when we looked in the back to see what had made the change this is what we found. My Briggy boy holding flynners hand and flynn totally alseep. I feel so blessed to have such a great family and that Brig has such a wonderful cousin to grow up and face this world with. i had cousins close to my same age growing up and honestly don't know how i would have ever survived the rough phases of life without them. Gosh i miss Family.. Can you tell?

I know this looks like they are hugging but no they are trying to wrestle. Flynn had just spent the weekend watching the national wrestling championships and so he was wired and wanted to wrestle his daddy no stop. It didn't take long before Brig wanted in on it. Only he had never seen a real match so he had no idea what he was doing but his "fightin face" was good and he really thought he was using his big ol' muscles!

"The fighting face" this expression has become somewhat permanent on his little face. he is so spunky,and full of attitude i think i may have my hands full:) It must come from Seth, Ha Ha

Brig warming up a little after swimming with Flynn and Grandpa

Riding the beloved Carousel..and not the best picture for it but there is my baby bump. only 15 weeks and already looking 5 months so yeah I'm a little worried!If any of you saw me at the end of my last pregnancy you know why:)

Such a good week. our Family needed a break. I got to enjoy conversations, have girl time with my mom and sis, and be in a not TOO quiet house. Brig got to play with his best buddy and get spoiled ROTTEN by papa and grandma.. i guess we all did though! And all the while Seth got awesome all day uninterrupted board study time and nights off with the rest of us. if only spring break were longer than just a week..

5 comments:

Brooke Hoopes said...

cute pics dan! It makes me miss you even more! We'll have to do it again sometime. Love you!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

you look great. you were little your first pregnancy. I, on the other hand, was LARGE!. I am so excited to see what you are having. are you wanting another boy or a girl? I am excited to have 2 little boys so close in age.

tod_emily said...

That is so cute of Brig and
Flynn holding hands! Love it! Sounds like you had a lot of fun just hanging with the family. How long was the drive to Iowa? Did you get really car sick, I was always worse with car rides when I was prego. Oh yeah, Congrats on the new addition on the way! Glad to hear the doc got you on some good medicine to help with being so sick! Maybe it's twins! Twins would be hard! Anyway we miss you and love you guys! Tell Seth good luck on his boards and studying for them too! Love ya, Em

Gardiner said...

Hey! I wish that you lived closer so that you could hang out with us. I can't believe that you are having another baby! I am so behind! HA HA!! I am so excited for you. Your kids are adorable. Miss you.

ms said...

Love the mad face. That kid has got some personality. :) We're in for the arranged marriage thing, by the way! Haha. We miss you guys.